The Centre for Applied Urological Research is actively involved in many clinical trials; Both investigator-driven in-house studies and large multi-institutional trials.
Current clinical trials include studies related to:
- Bladder Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Interstitial Cystitis/ Bladder Pain Syndrome
- Incontinence/ reUTI
- Chronic Prostatitis
- Kidney Stones
Dr. David Berman - Director, Queen's Cancer Research Institute
- Evaluates novel biomarkers for therapeutics in Bladder and Prostate cancer
Dr. Charles Graham – Principal Investigator, CBG Division
- Investigates the metastatic behaviour and resistance to therapy in Bladder cancer
Dr. Madhuri Koti - Principal Investigator, CBG Division
- Investigates the role of anti-tumour immunity in therapeutic response for Prostate and Bladder cancer
Dr. Christopher Mueller - Principal Investigator, CBG Division
- Evaluates novel biomarkers for disease progression in Prostate cancer
Dr. Parvin Mousavi – Professor, Queen’s Computing
- Computer-aided diagnosis and interventions for cancer detection
- RADICAL PC Investigators. Cardiovascular Risk in Men with Prostate Cancer: Insights from the RADICAL PC Study. J Urol. 2020.
- Darolutamide in Nonmetastatic, Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2020.
- A Culture-Independent Analysis of the Microbiota of Female Interstitial Cystitis/Bladder Pain Syndrome Participants in the MAPP Research Network. J Clin Med. 2019 .
- Efficacy and Safety of Enzalutamide vs Bicalutamide in Younger and Older Patients with Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer in the TERRAIN Trial. J Urol. 2018.
- Androgen Deprivation Therapy for Biochemical Recurrence following Radical Local Therapy. J Urol. 2018.
- Mirabegron as adjuvant treatment for patients with interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome. CUAJ. 2018.
- Abiraterone plus Prednisone in Metastatic, Castration-Sensitive Prostate Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2017.
- Depression Associated with Use of 5-Alpha Reductase Inhibitors Compared to Use of Alpha Blockers for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Population-based Study using the Clinical Practice Research Datalink. Pharmacotherapy, 2017.
- Risk of Gynecomastia and Breast Cancer Associated with Use of 5-alpha reductase inhibitors for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. Clinical Epidemiology, 2017.
- Progression from high grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia to cancer: a randomized trial of combination vitamin-E, Soy and selenium. J Clin Onc. 2011.